Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1st: Let the Mayhem Begin!

Welcome to 2011.

I can't really say why I think this is a good idea. Probably because it isn't. But I'm all about the bad ideas! They make life more interesting. So, here we are.

January is going to be one Hell of a busy month. There are at least 20 competitions with January submission deadlines. The first one coming up is for First Line Fiction, by 1/10. It's just another run of the mill short story competition, but I don't really have anything for it. So, I need to hit the stone.

January 15th seems to the be a common date for submissions; nine competitions share the day and I haven't even finished searching. So I am somewhat freaked out. Understandably. Although by far... I think the most annoying feature of these competitions are the entry fees. I understand that you need to raise the funds for the grand prize... but still. We're writers, dammit! And seeing as we're trying to win these cursed contests... we are unpublished and therefore BROKE! NO MORE ENTRY FEES!

Well... that about wraps it up. Nothing too spectacular, I know. But whatever. Thanks for stopping by and keep coming by. As I finish the stories, I'll post samples. So read 'em and let me know what you think!

-s/j. @

No comments:

Post a Comment